The Nassau Guardian all began in 1837 as originally called The Argus. After a few a years The Nassau Guardian launched on November 23rd, 1844 and Edwin Charles Mosley finally became the editor and published the first edition. The paper was then passed through a few generations of males, until young Percy passed at an early age, leaving his sister Mary Moseley to run the paper in 1904. Mary was editor until her passing in 1961 when it then became a publicly owned paper until 1967 when John Perry bought the paper. Under his ownership the paper prospered and even introduced a new string to the residence of Florida. In 2002 The Nassau Guardian became a 100% Bahamian owned company, when John Perry sold his 60% of the company. In addition to publishing The Nassau Guardian they also publish The Freeport News.
At The Nassau Guardian they are "proactive in the pursuit of freedom of information, inclusive in terms of community coverage, zealous in the protection of editorial independence, and committed to providing the best customer service for our advertisers and readers." So be sure to pick up your copy of The Nassau Guardian today!
View Larger Map